I thought I would catch up on some unblogged things I'd made since I last visited these cybershores so first up is a tunic I made but don't like. I had a soft, pale blue duvet cover that hadn't been used much and didn't fit my usual duvet so, excited by the huge bits of fabric duvet covers are made from, I cut it up. One of my daughters bought me a lovely tunic from Fat Face a couple of years ago which I wear a lot and the idea was to go for something similar and if it didn't work well, hey, it was only a duvet cover.
|This is what it looked like when I first finished it- before alterations|
It didn't work. Well not completely or maybe just not for me. I used New Look 6962 and I've seen some great versions of it on Sewing Pattern Review but I don't think it's quite me.
|Better but no cigar|
|After reducing the width in the skirt and sleeves|
Then I did a bit of
fancy stitching running stitch with some 4 ply knitting yarn around the neckline. I quite like that bit actually!
|Not perfectly even, I know, but I like the effect anyway.|
|Don't look too closely.|
I've worn it a few times- it's very comfortable- but I don't think I'll be wearing it out of the house unless I'm wearing a concealing cardigan over it. Maybe if I got rid of that little tie.... maybe if I took the elastic out and let it hang straight.... maybe if I wore a different bra.... ah, never mind, it's just a duvet cover.